Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Garden Time


Let me preface this by saying I am not the gardener - I have 2 black thumbs and I can kill any plant in about 6 weeks or less. My craft partner on the other hand is a flower wizard. I swear she has 10 green fingers and it carries right up to her elbows. So, every year for my birthday she gives me a container garden that sits on the steps of my home. Since she comes over once a week for craft night, she keeps a wary eye on the plants and keeps me from destroying them..

And this year was no exception. This is what is waiting for me outside my door at the moment.



And on the other side.



I never know what she's planted - I just see what develops as the summer progresses.

And in last year's planters, 2 hardy little pansies managed to survive the winter and are blooming again.



These planters will just get cleaned out and given some fresh soil and we'll see what happens.

So, stay tuned! As things grow and bloom, I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Pretty little flowers, I love pansies.

EvalinaMaria said...

Oh I wish I was a little closer and could join you two for a stitching time...