Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2014

More Holiday - Getting to Quispamsis and Get Together


Considering I've been home for over a month, this is overdue.

Warning - this probably going to be long and picture heavy.

Left Toronto Sept. 17th and was off to Montreal, then changed trains for Moncton. Mostly night travel, but I did get a couple of pictures outside Restigouche, just before crossing into New Brunswick.



Got to Moncton early afternoon on the 18th and picked up my rental. I was supposed to get an intermediate car but they didn't have any so I was given a Jeep Cherokee. Oh my goodness, so many bells and whistles. I never did figure out what all the buttons and levers did. Was lovely to drive though.


Found my way to the Amsterdam Inn in Quispamsis


(my room is 2nd floor, far right) and by the time I got back from supper two more stitchers were checked in across the hall and the stitching get together was under way.

There were 15 of us and the next 3 days were filled with talking, laughing, stitching, show and tell, door prizes, eating and a Hardanger lesson.


Ann, Dian, Yvonne


Brenda, Pat


Dawn


Jennifer, Kathy


Denise


Gail, June


Josie


Judy doing her Show & Tell


Pat, Andrea, Denise and Kathy


We all got a Welcome Bag containing these goodies.


Door prizes.


And the grand prize that was won by Kathy.

There was also a box of stuff looking for new homes - kits, magazines, patterns.

And I think I better stop here and do the next stage in another post.

No comments: