Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Better sleep last night, although I was awake at about quarter to six for some reason. Sleep is a rather tricky thing these days - growing older maybe? I enjoy what I get and am slowly learning to live with the changes. Maybe I'm turning into my nightowl mother as I get older. Trying to listen to my body's rythms is not the easiest thing to do.

Got in a couple of hours on my Oldest UFO and am pleased with the progress although there was some frogging. Missed one stitch and threw the whole section off. That is the down side to a vetically symmetrical piece - any miscount is SO obvious.

Vitae Summa Brevis Spem Nos Vetat Incohare Longam

They are not long, the weeping and the laughter,
Love and desire and hate:
I think they have no portion in us after
We pass the gate.

They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
Out of a misty dream
Our path emerges for a while, then closes
Within a dream.

Ernest Dowson
1867 - 1900

And the title translates as "The brief sum of life forbids us the hope of enduring long" and is from Horace.

No comments: