Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

More snow last night. The forecast was for 10 cm (approx. 4") and I think we got it although I haven't actually gone out and measured it! Apparently the roads are a mess, but I don't have to go out. My doctor's appointment got cancelled (he was up all night delivering babies) and Denise and I have decided to postpone grocery shopping until tomorrow or Sunday, depending what happens. I'm quite happy with both events, as I was NOT looking forward to walking down the back alley. On the down side, my crafting afternoon has also been cancelled because Cynthia doesn't think her car will make it up the alley - and she's exhausted from lack of sleep. So, should be a quiet day and I think stitching will definitely be involved.

No Longer Mourn For Me When I Am Dead

No longer mourn for me when I am dead
Than you shall hear the surly sullen bell
Give warning to the world that I am fled
From this vile world, with vilest worms to dwell:
Nay, if you read this line, remember not
The hand that writ it; for I love you so,
That I in your sweet thoughts would be forgot
If thinking on me then should make you woe.
O, if, I say, you look upon this verse
When I perhaps compounded am with clay,
Do not so much as my poor name rehearse,
But let your love even with my life decay;
Lest the wise world should look into your moan,
And mock you with me after I am gone.

William Shakespeare - Sonnet LXXI
1564 - 1616

No comments: