Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

I have my appointment! It's December 12th, which seems a long way off still, but I've relaxed considerably now that I know. If the highway is decent, Denise is going to drive me, but if it's a mess - or the weather is going to be bad - we'll take the Northern Health bus. Not as convenient once we're in Terrace, but safe.

Finished a few small stitching items yesterday - bookmarks, ornaments, fridge magnets - and gave them to Cynthia to put on her booth in the craft fair. I need to work on finishing the rest of the ornaments - they're not doing anyone any good sitting in a bag!

We're supposed to get a little snow today and tomorrow, then back to rain for the rest of the week.

How Sweet I Roam'd from Field to Field

How sweet I roam'd from field to field
And tasted all the summer's pride,
Till I the Prince of Love beheld
Who in the sunny beams did glide!

He show'd me lilies for my hair,
And blushing roses for my brow;
He led me through his gardens fair,
Where all his golden pleasures grow.

With sweet May dews my wings were wet,
And Phoebus fir'd my vocal rage;
He caught me in his silken net,
And shut me in his golden cage.

He loves to sit and hear me sing,
Then, laughing, sports and plays with me;
Then stretches out my golden wing,
And mocks my loss of liberty.

William Blake
1757 - 1827

No comments: