Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June 21

Got in some stitching time on "O Canada", but it was a bad night last night and I didn't get my nap, so I stopped when I realized I was starting to make counting mistakes. I can see progress though.

Not a very summer-like first day of summer, although by the end of the day the sun came out and the wind blew and it looked hopeful at least!

Care-Charmer Sleep, Son of the Sable Night

Care-charmer Sleep, son of the sable Night,
Brother to Death, in silent darkness born,
Relieve my languish, and restore the light;
With dark forgetting of my cares return.
And let the day be time enough to mourn
The shipwreck of my ill-adventured youth;
Let waking eyes suffice to wail their scorn
Without the torment of the night's untruth.
Cease, dreams, th' images of day-desires,
To model forth the passions of the morrow;
Never let rising sun approve you liars,
To add more grief to aggravate my sorrow.
Still let me sleep, embracing clouds in vain,
And never wake to feel the day's disdain.

Samuel Daniel
1562 - 1619

No comments: