Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Well, it was more snow yesterday and a lot of it. Yuck! It was that wretched stuff that turns icy when you put pressure on it. I had to walk up the hill to my place as Michelle could not drive the ice alley and I took a tumble and went down hard. Thanks to the depth of snow and my heavy winter jacket, no serious damage, but I am sore today and I have some world class bruises! The really embarassing part was I had to crawl to the top of the hill as I could not get traction for my feet to stand up - that's how slippery it was. Very hard on one's dignity not to mention being cold and wet when I finally got inside. However, I turned on the electric blanket and crawled into bed. Was nice and toasty in no time and the cats were in heaven!

When I went to check for mail this morning, there was MORE snow coming down. Very light, but still snow! It's supposed to snow/rain this weekend and then freeze. It's just a mess everywhere. Thank goodness I don't have anything that HAS to be done requiring me to go out.

Days

Daughters of Time, the hypocritic Days,
Muffled and dumb like barefoot dervishes,
And marching single in an endless file,
Bring diadems and fagots in their hands.
To each they offer gifts after his will,
Bread, kingdoms, stars, and sky that holds them all.
I, in my pleached garden, watched the pomp,
Forgot my morning wishes, hastily
Took a few herbs and apples, and the Day
Turned and departed silent. I, too late,
Under her solemn fillet saw the scorn.

Ralph Waldo Emerson
1803 - 1882

No comments: