Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Well, looks like the cold weather has settled in to stay for a while. The sunny days are lovely and sunset last night was gorgeous. Not impressed by the minus temperatures but you can't have everything. LOL

Whoso List to Hunt

Whoso list to hunt, I know where is an hind,
But as for me, helas, I may no more.
The vain travail hath wearied me so sore,
I am of them that farthest cometh behind.
Yet may I by no means my wearied mind
Draw from the deer, but as she fleeth afore
Fainting I follow. I leave off therefore
Since in a net I seek to hold the wind.
Who list her hunt, I put him out of doubt,
As well as I may spend his time in vain.
And graven with diamonds in letters plain
There is written her fair neck round about:
"Noli me tangere for Caesar's I am,
And wild for to hold though I seem tame."

Sir Thomas Wyatt, 1503 - 1542

No comments: