Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Deadlines


I've been busy stitching over the last couple of weeks or so - I have some bookmarks that have to be finished by this coming Wednesday night so I can give them away on Thursday. I've completed one - the one in the picture - and sent it off but I have 3 more to go. There are going to be some late nights this week. After all these years that I've been stitching, you would think I would have a better grasp of the time I need for different items, but I'm always pushing it!
This one I created from an alphabet found in a British cross-stitch magazine called The World of Cross Stitching. Sherry loves penguins so it was an easy match up.
Found another poem by W.B. Yeats that caught my eye. Apparently it's based on an ancient Irish story, but I haven't found the original yet to see what it is all about.
The Song of Wandering Aengus
I went out to the hazel wood,
Because a fire was in my head,
And cut and peeled a hazel wand,
And hooked a berry to a thread;
And when white moths were on the wing,
And moth-like stars were flickering out,
I dropped the berry in a stream
And caught a little silver trout.
When I had laid it on the floor
I went to blow the fire aflame,
But something rustled on the floor,
And some one called me by my name:
It had become a glimmering girl
With apple blossoms in her hair
Who called me by my name and ran
And faded through the brightening air.
Though I am old with wandering
Through hollow lands and hilly lands,
I will find out where she has gone,
And kiss her lips and take her hands;
And walk among long dappled grass,
And pluck till time and times are done
The silver apples of the moon,
The golden apples of the sun.

No comments: